Search Articles on This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2012

WKB Media Tour September 2012 : Culinary Experiences : 막걸리 Makgeolli

막걸리 Makgeolli is one of Korean traditional liquor, made from fermented wheat, rice and water with 6 - 8% alchohol content by volume. Makgeolli has mentioned on the first time during the reign of King Dongmyeon from The Goguryeo dinasty.



This milk colored liquor is very good for health because it has amino acids, vitamin B and another organic acis on it. Besides made from rce, makgyeolli also can be made from millet, black bean, sweet potato even corn. The ideal dishes to accompany mageolli is bindaetteok. Bindaetteok is a mugbean pan cake, or any other type of jeon such as pajeon or kimchijeon.

Photo credit : www.agrafood.co.kr

On my WKB Media Trip, I had a change to try makgeolli. I'm so excited to try this Korean traditional liquor that I've never tried before. Taste is good especially while drinking in a cold weather.
I also tried pajeon that is the most delicious pajeon I have ever tried. For those who want to travel to Korea and want to try Korean liquor, makgeolli (and pajeon) is one of my reference for culinary experience.

 by Maria Margareta

No comments:

Post a Comment